Epithalon is a tetra peptide with a structure made of 4 amino acids. This peptide can be used to control the cycle of a cell by up-regulation of the telomerase activity in the body. The person who discovered this peptide was Professor Vladimir Khavinson, a Russian scientist. He had conducted a research on epithalon for over 35 years using animals and human trials. The results this professor obtained were amazing and it proved that in the human clinical trials, epitalon consisted of a very strong anti-aging properties making it is a life extension substance.
Having mentioned that this peptide has some anti-aging properties the process is amazing. The main area it works on is in the pineal gland of the human’s brain. The main function of epithalon is to increase the natural production of the nucleo protein telomerase.
This is a natural enzyme that has a distinct role in the body:
· It aids cells to reproduce telomeres which are the most protective parts of a person’s DNA.
· It allows DNA replication in our bodies so that the new cells are produced to rejuvenate older cells.
· It gives a 33% increase in the length of telomere in somatic cells and has been said to have an impact on general aging in humans.
· This peptide is also known to promote natural cycles and very healthy sleep cycles in people.
· Regulates the level of cortisol and any other stress hormones which mostly cause weight gain around the abdomen. It works by elevating cortisol levels in the morning and elevating melatonin in the evening hours.
Telomerase is a nucleo protein in the body that has RNA and its function is to add some repeated sequences to telomeres’ ends. A telomere protects the end of a chromosome from some factors like deterioration or unwanted infusion with other chromosomes.
There is a lot of production of telomerase and production of longer telomeres in young people. If a telomere is long, the better the health of a cell and they give more cell replication. When people start aging, the levels of telomerase produced are low leading to cell health decline and less cell replication. That is the main cause of aging in people. It is therefore obvious how telomerase and telomere rejuvenation and production are important when it comes to fighting the signs of aging in people.
Telomerase counteracts telomere shortening. An enzyme named telomerase adds bases to the ends of telomeres. In young cells, telomerase keeps telomeres from wearing down too much. But as cell in many studies carried out, it has been proven that epithalon increases the production of telomerase which makes telomeres stronger and longer.
This means that this peptide can help in slowing down the process of aging. And also increase health span.
The Benefits of Epithalon:
There are numerous benefits of epitalon ,some of these include:
• Pineal-regulating tetrapeptide epitalon improves eye retina condition in retinitis pigmentosa.
• Lengthens the lifespan of a person
• Helps in getting deeper and better sleep
• It heals any injured muscle cells
• Delays the process of aging
• Promotes better-looking skin and general appearance
So far there are no known side effects associated with Epithalon.
Results of 12-months treatment with Epithalon in patients with signs of accelerated aging showed.
Normalizing effect on metabolism and condition of various functional systems. Elevated uric acid.
Alkaline phosphatase and cholesterol in elder patients returned to normal after 10 days of treatment, and remained stable in a several months period afterwards.
Experimental and clinical studies of Epithalon showed the following pharmacological properties of Epithalon:
• Telomerase activation (consequently, elongation of Telomeres)
• regulates neuroendocrine system
• increases the hypothalamic sensitivity to the endogenous hormonal effects
• Suppression of proliferative changes in vaginal epithelium and endometrium in an ovulatory phase
• Normalization of gonadotropic hormoneslevels (FSG, LG, and prolactin)
• Positive influence on peripheral haemodynamics: improvement of blood rheology, decrease of
• Regulation of the levels of reactants in the acute inflammation phase (c3-component of the complement, pre-albumin, C-reactive protein, alpha-orosomucoids
• Normalization of T-cell immunity
• Normalization of aqua-electrolyte balance indices
• Normalization of uric acid levels
• Normalization of Cholesterol
• Rejuvenation / strengthening of the immune system
• Inhibition of spontaneous and induced carcinogenesis (tumor prevention)